Triad Modern Quilt Guild
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Welcome to our visitors: Diane, Diana and Kathy
Events: are you receiving your Triad MQG or national MQG emails? If not, contact Lee Monroe.
· May – Ania Reich - Ania’s website is http://aniareich-quilts.com
· Friday, May 12 from 5-10pm : Sew-In at Sewingly Yours (pick a potluck item to share)
Treasurer Report by Sarah Lowry:
Annual dues are $25
Community Report by Sheri Collette & Ann Monroe: (previously known as Charity)
Every month we will be collecting items for the Community Basket. Bring toiletries as you can. The list of items includes: toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture adhesive, denture cleanser, denture holders, washable or disposable bed pans, adult diapers, cleaning wipes, plastic trash bags, nail clippers, lip balm, motel toiletries and Target gift cards ($10 preferred – or bring cash and we’ll buy the Target giftcards)
Swaps by Amanda Hinshaw:
THREE remaining swaps this year:
– mini swap with Houston MQG – Lee sent out an email with the google link to complete for your participation. Here it is again. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMdnYD5iNEAMG69FVgBqdfM8jXqDzGNrbjbVLc-Ycr5DcBew/viewform In June, you’ll receive your partner information. The mini quilt is due at our September meeting.
– pillow exchange – date TBD
– Christmas gift exchange – NOVEMBER 28 meeting
Raffles by Muriel Riggs:
The RAFFLE quilt will be displayed at the July meeting. Tickets will be
available for sale until the raffle on November 28 at our Holiday Party.
7 members will make the star blocks and Laura Davies has donated her quilting services.
The blocks are complete. Now the columns are in the process. They are due at the May
Program: Ginny Robinson – Instagram handle is minnowpeck
Ginny mentioned the product she used for the Lollypop Tree by Kim McLean for applique – Ricky Tims Stable Stuff