We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month at Southfork Community Center behind Cricket's Nest on Country Club at 6:30 pm.
August 21, 2014
We are pleased that Karen Gray will be speaking this Tuesday. She was snowed out back in January. Karen is full of fabulous ideas and it will be a night to remember. Karen hosts Modern Fabric Group Therapy at The Little General and makes amazing quilts!
July 31, 2014
Since our last pillow swap was a hit, we decided to do it again,...just a little differently.
|2013 pillow I made for Kelly|
- Swap Deadline: September TMQG meeting on September 23
- Do I have to sign up or get a partner? No, not this time. It will be more like the TMQG Holiday party "Dirty Santa" swap. You won't have a specific partner, just make a modern pillow and bring it unwrapped to swap.
- If you gave me your email address and I will send you a reminder.
- Don't wrap your pillow! We will do that at the meeting, placing each one in a brown bag to add to the mystery!
- What kind of pillow do I make?
- A decorative pillow with a pre-made pillow form insert (most fabric stores sell them. Kelly says IKEA's feather ones are super and inexpensive, FYI.)
- Just do your best and feature your best skills, whether FMQ, handquilting or piecing.
- Make something that most people can use or would like.
- Size: no smaller than a travel pillow and no larger than 18" square.
- Tips & Tutorials:
- If you buy a pillow form that comes in a close-fitting plastic cover, the bag will make the correct sized pattern for that pillow. Just remove it carefully, flatten then add 1/4" seam allowance all the way around the bag.
- Other members and/or I will gladly help anyone on techniques, if you need hands-on practice etc.!
- Moda Bake Shop
- Great zipper tutorial
- Lee has lots of great info at MayChappell
These and many other pillows are linked on my Pinterest and you can jump to hundreds more from there!
July 30, 2014
August- Karen Gray
September- Sara Lawson (Sew Sweetness) She will be hosting a bag workshop (Sept. 24th, 9am - 3pm at Sewingly Yours) which includes her book. Prices are $90 for non-members, $80 for members. Workshop sign up sheet is at Sewingly Yours.
October- This meeting will be an Accuquilt cutting party. Let us know which dies you would like to use.
--Presents for speakers: you can sign up at the next meeting to make a gift for our speakers.
-- Emails: If you are having trouble receiving the blog emails or national guild emails, please let us know.
-- Swap- The next swap will be a pillow swap. It can be any size pillow but no pillowcases. The swap exchange will take place at the Sept. Meeting. If you would like to sign up with your name/email you can contact our swap coordinator, Teri Emerson.
-- We need new officers for next year! Please let us know if you are interested!
We would like to thank Dana Bolyard (The Old Red Barn Co.) for speaking at our July guild meeting about her new book and showing off her gorgeous quilts!