So I know not everyone was able to make it to the meeting earlier this week (myself included) but I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to take part in the pouch swap that we will be exchanging at AUGUST'S meeting. If you didn't get a chance to sign up at the meeting or weren't at the meeting please send me the following information in an email to Karma.email@example.com and I will forward you your partners information.
favorite colors _____
favorite fabric designers or lines ___
Preferences for this swap (size, pattern, ect) _____
Other online information (IG, Pinterst, Ect) _____
Other things that you like __________________
I would like to have anyone interested to respond by July 17th at 9am and I will forward out partners right away.
Some cute examples are below
June 18, 2015
Last month's meeting was so wonderful with Jen Kingwell that we forgot to mention the upcoming things for this month.
First off the meeting is of course Tuesday June 23 at the usual location and our speaker is going to be Tessa Walker -- The Sewing Chick. Tessa will be demoing her easy binding technique and she's always inspiring with the other awesome projects that she brings.
Secondly -- a reminder that we have been trying to get the Fat Quarter lottery swap going that we talked about initially a few months ago. Bring however many Fat quarters you would like as this increases your odds of taking some new goodies home. This month's theme is Low Volume.
Next -- Senior Services is also doing another donation drive for the seniors that they serve and they are asking for donations of non perishable foods, personal care items, household cleaning products and pet care items (as many of the seniors have small dogs or cats as companion animals). You can bring these to the meeting or drop them off directly with senior services.
Hope to see everyone next week.
May 12, 2015
In addition to the book signing Sherri will be giving the following presentation...
Improvise! Creating, Quilting, & Living Courageously,
45min multi-media presentation
Improvisation is at the heart of living creatively. Music, dance, theater, drawing,
cooking, conversation, play, child rearing, and even science benefit from the flexibility
of mind that improvisational process en genders. We all improvise every day.
Attendees will leave with a fresh perspective on how to apply improv skills learned in
life to their patchwork - and vice versa! Includes classic African-American quilts in the
improvisational style, time-lapse process videos, and quilts featured in
April 28, 2015
Members in attendance-25
Liz Bowen, President brought the meeting to order. Visitors were welcomed and a brief summary of the goals and purpose of the Triad Modern Quilt Guild were given. Members were reminded of the $25 membership dues and visitors were offered the opportunity to join.
A treasures report was given by Ann Monroe. Current balance $2,317.40
· Katie Yoakum was introduced as our swap chairman. Idea of a Fat Quarter Lottery was introduced and embraced by the membership. The April meeting FQ-neutral low volume/low contrast
· Annette was introduced as our charity quilt chair. If you have questions about the charity quilt program contact Annette at firstname.lastname@example.org Each member is encouraged to participate in the guilds charitable endeavors. June and December meeting we will be collecting food items for Senior Services.
· Quilt Con will be held in Pasadena in 2016 and Savannah in 2017
· Requests for quilts for the Texas Quilt Museum-juried quilts for exhibition
YARD SALE at the APRIL 28 MEETING
Set up at 6PM and doors open to the public at 7PM
Bring any craft item, have everything priced
50% of your proceeds go to the guild
Only except money from YOUR sales
Brief meeting will follow
Lee Monroe made some announcements letting us know there are some exciting events planned for future meetings.
- MAY-Jen Kingwell, creator of “The Gypsy Wife” will be holding a trunk show at our May meeting. She will be doing workshops at Sew Original, May 28 and Studio Stich, May 29. Check with the shops for details.
- JUNE-Tessa Walker, machine binding
- JULY-Ice cream social
- AUGUST-Don’t Call me Betsy, FMQ
Gina introduced her Trailer Stash concept, showed pictures and had an amazing truck show. Members were then invited to shop the trailer. Thanks Gina for sharing.