July 26, 2015
July 6, 2015
The meeting was opened by Liz welcoming our new members and visitors. Tickets were distributed for the raffle and system was explained. Members were encouraged to please wear their name tags. The Members were given their 2015 guild membership cards and guidelines. Liz shared an article by the "Sewing Lawyer".
- Next months meeting will be on July 28, and it will be a member sharing the experience. Please bring the first quilt you ever made, complete or incomplete, to share with the group.
- The fat quarter lottery color for next month will be AQUA.
- Quilt Con 2016 will be held in Pasadena California and in 2017 Savannah Georgia.
- The South Fork Recreation Center will be hosting the Firecracker Festival, July 18. Local artisans will have to have craft items available for purchase.
- The row by row experience has started in all 50 states and Canada. Stop by participating shops to pick up your row and license plate. Be the first to bring a completed quilt with at least eight rows to one of the participating shops and receive 25 fat quarters as a prize.
- There will be board positions opening. If you are interested in serving on the board please let one of the current board members know.
- The treasures report was given.
- Lee introduced the pouch swap for Katie and personal choice slips were passed to members who were interested in participating. The slips were filled out and then redistributed to your "secret swap mate". The August 25th meeting was set as the swap date. If you were unable to attend the meeting and would like to participate, check the previous TMQG blog post for instructions from Katie or email her at Karma.firstname.lastname@example.org
We were excited to welcome Tessa Walker, The Sewing Chick,http://thesewingchick.com as our guest. She gave a great demonstration of machine binding.