Triad Modern Quilt Guild
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Welcome to our seven visitors and new member, Xandi Hamilton.
Events: are you receiving your Triad MQG or national MQG emails? If not, contact Lee Monroe.
QuiltCon Pasadena 2018 – registration open
· August: Christmas in August : bring your favorite pattern or tutorial (with a source) for your favorite holiday gift or decoration (any holiday). We’ll have an ice cream social with HOMEMADE vanilla by Belva Hinshaw.
· September: applique round table including needleturn, freezer paper, blind machine and machine.
· October: YARD SALE: any craft items. Donate at least half of your sales to the TMQG. You sell your own items. Open to the public at 7pm.
· November: Holiday Party
· December: no meeting
Events: Michele Wilke workshop at Sewingly Yours
Treasurer Report by Sarah Lowry:
Thank you for your support of the $5 meeting.
Community Report by Sheri Collette & Ann Monroe: (previously known as Charity)
Every month we will be collecting items for the Community Basket. Bring toiletries as you can. The list of items includes: toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture adhesive, denture cleanser, denture holders, washable or disposable bed pans, adult diapers, cleaning wipes, plastic trash bags, nail clippers, lip balm, motel toiletries and Target gift cards ($10 preferred – or bring cash and we’ll buy the Target giftcards)
Swaps by Amanda Hinshaw:
THREE remaining swaps this year:
– mini swap with Houston MQG –The mini quilt is due at our September meeting.
– pillow exchange – date TBD
– Christmas gift exchange – NOVEMBER 28 meeting
Raffles by Muriel Riggs:
The RAFFLE quilt is complete and beautiful! Tickets are available for sale until the raffle on November 28 at our Holiday Party. Tickets are $1/ticket or $5/6 tickets. If you sell $20 worth of tickets, you’re entered into a drawing to win 50 fat quarters.
Program: Timna Tarr
Our next meeting is Tuesday, August 22, 2017