Triad Modern Quilt Guild
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Welcome to our visitors: Holly and Audry
New Members: Bethany, AC and Carole
· Charlotte Quilter’s Guild – March 10-11, 2017
· QuiltCon was February 22-26 in Savannah, GA.
· Triangle Guild – ChristaQuilts – March 11 10am-5pm. $120 in Raleigh
· March 28: Corey Yoder ($5) – Playful Petals workshop on Wednesday, March 29 includes her book. $75 for members, $85 for non-members. 10am-5pm at SouthFork Community Center. Email Lee to register
· April – Ginny Robinson
· May – Anya Wright
· Friday, March 3 from 5-11pm : Sew-In at Sewingly Yours (pick a potluck item to share)
Treasurer Report by Sarah Lowry:
Made $707 from the 2016 Raffle Quilt
Annual membership dues are $25
See Sarah for nametag swap
Community Report by Sheri Collette & Ann Monroe: (previously known as Charity)
Every month we will be collecting items for the Community Basket. Bring toiletries as you can. There is a list on the Senior Services website.
Swaps by Amanda Hinshaw:
FOUR scheduled swaps this year:
1 – Coffee/tea: names exchanged – due at MARCH 28 meeting
2 – mini swap with another MQG – date TBD
3 – pillow exchange – date TBD
4 – Christmas gift exchange – NOVEMBER 28 meeting
Raffles by Lee Monroe (Muriel Riggs is the Raffle Chair):
The RAFFLE quilt will be displayed at the July meeting. Tickets will be
available for sale until the raffle on November 28 at our Holiday Party.
7 members will make the star blocks and Laura Davies has donated her quilting services.
Program: QUILT LABELS