Liz introduced herself and welcomed visitors and new members to the meeting. She reminded members to join the Triad Modern Quilt Guild http://triadmodernquiltguild.blogspot.com to enable them to receive email reminders of meetings and events. She also mentioned the link to the Modern Quilt Guild http://www.themodernquiltguild.com
- board position open
- pouch swap due August meeting
- Quilt Carolina-September 18-26
- Quilt Con 2016 Pasadena, CA - February 18-21
- Treasurers report $3,031.41
- ORANGE is the Fat Quarter Lottery color for August
- MQG Quilt of the Month 2016
- What the are looking for
- design should be original and never before published online or in print
- designs should have a challenging creative element (like a color study, new technique, or unique structure or piecing) want our members to learn new things and challenge their skills.
- we need to see your vision, you should have a visual guide to your quilt- whether it is a sketch or computer-generated design, we need to be able to visualize your quilt as close to the final product as possible.
- Required items for Selected Quilts
- selected quilters will be asked to submit the following items. We don't need your finished quilt but we do ask that you take great photos and write thorough instructions that others can follow.
- pattern instructions and pattern templates
- illustrations and or diagrams for custom construction in assembly
- photos of the finished quilt
- personal information like Instagram handle, website, bio, headshot, and MQG will use the info to give you credit and talk about how awesome you are.