Since our last pillow swap was a hit, we decided to do it again,...just a little differently.
|2013 pillow I made for Kelly|
- Swap Deadline: September TMQG meeting on September 23
- Do I have to sign up or get a partner? No, not this time. It will be more like the TMQG Holiday party "Dirty Santa" swap. You won't have a specific partner, just make a modern pillow and bring it unwrapped to swap.
- If you gave me your email address and I will send you a reminder.
- Don't wrap your pillow! We will do that at the meeting, placing each one in a brown bag to add to the mystery!
- What kind of pillow do I make?
- A decorative pillow with a pre-made pillow form insert (most fabric stores sell them. Kelly says IKEA's feather ones are super and inexpensive, FYI.)
- Just do your best and feature your best skills, whether FMQ, handquilting or piecing.
- Make something that most people can use or would like.
- Size: no smaller than a travel pillow and no larger than 18" square.
- Tips & Tutorials:
- If you buy a pillow form that comes in a close-fitting plastic cover, the bag will make the correct sized pattern for that pillow. Just remove it carefully, flatten then add 1/4" seam allowance all the way around the bag.
- Other members and/or I will gladly help anyone on techniques, if you need hands-on practice etc.!
- Moda Bake Shop
- Great zipper tutorial
- Lee has lots of great info at MayChappell
These and many other pillows are linked on my Pinterest and you can jump to hundreds more from there!