Hey this is your Swaptastic Swap mama Colleen checking in!
I know its been awhile lets just say its summer, I'm finally relaxing,
and getting all kinds of stuff under control.
Its been an up and down 6 months.
|An up, finishing a 1994 swap quilt for my Dad!|
I want to invite you to join us this month for a Strip Swap!!
Calm down, we are not swapping Chippendale dancers.
We are swapping 2.5" x WOF strips! Yeah!
Here is what to do. Grab a yard of great quilt store quality fabric and cut it into fourteen 2.5 x wof strips. You will get 14 new to you strips in return. No signups just bring. If you want to bring in more than one set please do!
*I will also have the a link up for a Travel Pillow swap by next week. We will swap the travel pillows in August.
Here is a look at the rest of this years swaps.
- Strip swap-everyone bring 14 WOF x 2.5” strips to swap.
- Upcoming-blind mug rug swap in September! Pick a cup or mug other drink vessel and design a mug rug to match ! Bring the drink vessel and mug rug to Septembermeeting wrapped up. Each person will pick one to keep!
- Quilt Angel time! Bring at least one 6”or larger block to donate for use in a Senior Services lap quilt! Great time to try a new technique or put leftover blocks to good use! BTW I am out of town in July so if someone will collect them for me I would appreciate it!
- Swap travel pillows!
- Sign up for Art inspiration swap- Bring a picture of a favorite art work, painting, sculpture, photograh, drawing, etc... We will swap pictures to use to inspire you to create a quilt no bigger than 24 x24. A great way to find art by color is to search' [color] art' . This is a picture I really like from searching 'blue and green art'. The inspiration is endless!
- Drink vessel and mug rug reveal/swap
- Quilt Angel time! Bring a pillowcase to donate for the one million pillowcase challenge!
- Art inspiration swap-swap day!
- Bring a handmade decoration with fabric to swap!