just a friendly reminder that we meet again tomorrow. august 14th. 6:00pm. sewingly yours.
we'll be accepting nominations/volunteers for new officers so we can vote on them in september. also, the swap coordinator, stash stasher, and charity coordinator job are up for grabs/renewal, so we'll be talking about that.
there's nothing "due", but as always, bring in any scan blocks, tops, backs, quilts, spare batting, etcetera...
and, you should have gotten an email from angie a week or so ago, where she issued the summer stash challenge. if you haven't gotten started, it might be a tad bit too late, unless you're one of those crazy fast awesome quilters... but, the rules and rewards (yes, rewards!) will be listed below.
we don't have any speakers or demos for tomorrow, so bring lots of show and tell items. and finally, we'll be signing up for a pin cushion swap. oh, and finally finally, if you're participating in the red/aqua block swap (or was it a bee?), they're due at next month's meeting!! get to work!
anyhow, hope to see everyone tomorrow night.
oh. and if you'd like to see some pics from last month's meet, you can always see some in the flickr group.
summer swap details (i totally just cut and pasted angie's email):
Here are the rules:
- Everything in the project must be from your stash. Everything. Fabric, thread, batting, stabilizer, whatever. Now, of course we won't be policing the stores or asking for receipts, so this is on your honor. Your project must be made out of what you purchased/received prior to today. There is no limit on beginning or finishing dates, but please don't bring projects already shown to the group.
- The project must be quilted*. (We're a quilting guild, right?) You know how much I love zipper bags and pouches, but they don't count for this. Feel free to bring them for Show-and-Tell, though. :)
- Finished projects only*. Again, we love a good WIP, but let's finish those bad boys. *HINT - finish those WIPs up...they're part of your stash, right??? :)
- Modern fabrics and/or styles, please. Obviously this is a little subjective, but again, this is what our group is about.
Every project you bring earns you an entry into the drawing, up to four entries. If you bring ten projects, we'll all think you're superwoman, but you still only get four entries. In addition to those, we'll have four different categories in which you can earn an additional entry. They are:
- The largest project
- The smallest project
- The project using the largest number of different fabrics
- The project with the most pieces of fabric
Finally - be ready to talk about your project(s). Not only the typical show-and-tell stuff, but also things like how old your fabric is, what you originally bought it for, and why you've held onto it this long. I can't wait to hear your stories.