August 30, 2011

Two Weeks to Go!

I don't know about you, but I'm so excited that our first meeting is coming up.  Only two weeks to go!

I've had several people ask me questions about the meeting, so I decided to post the answers here in case more were wondering.

Is there anything I need to bring to the meeting?
As of right now, there is nothing you need to bring.  Of course, with that said, I'm hoping that everyone brings something for Show-and-Tell.  Show-and-Tell is not required, but I hope it will be a regular part of our meetings.

Will we always be meeting on the Second Tuesday of the month?
As of right now, yes.  If this is an ongoing conflict for our members we can certainly discuss optional days/times at the first meeting.  The first three meetings have already been published in the Sewingly Yours newsletter, so changes (if any) would not take effect until December.

What about food?  Will there be food at the meeting?
I plan to have a few light snacks (e.g., crackers, cookies), but not a meal.  You are welcome to bring your own food in if you cannot eat before the 6 o'clock meeting start time.  (And feel free to eat during the meeting as well.)  There are several options near Sewingly Yours including a Wendy's, Zaxby's and Chinese takeout.

As a reminder, the first meeting is on Tuesday, September 13th at 6:00 pm at Sewingly Yours in Lewisville.  They are at the intersection of Highway 421 and Lewisville-Clemmons Road (click here for a map).

For GPS users, the store address is:
1329 Lewisville-Clemmons Road
Lewisville, NC 27023

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Angie





3 comments:

  1. I think I might try to come and see what it is all about. I have been reading the Ellison Lane blog for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im looking forward to this meeting. I joined the Triangle Modern quilt guild last spring but it will be nice to have people closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Colleen! I've enjoyed a couple of months so far on the Triangle group but would love for quilting friends to be closer! I'll bring something for show and tell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. We love our readers!