Liz Bowen, President brought the meeting to order. Visitors were welcomed and a brief summary of the goals and purpose of the Triad Modern Quilt Guild were given. Members were reminded of the $25 membership dues and visitors were offered the opportunity to join.
A treasures report was given by Ann Monroe. Current balance $2,317.40
· Katie Yoakum was introduced as our swap chairman. Idea of a Fat Quarter Lottery was introduced and embraced by the membership. The April meeting FQ-neutral low volume/low contrast
· Annette was introduced as our charity quilt chair. If you have questions about the charity quilt program contact Annette at email@example.com Each member is encouraged to participate in the guilds charitable endeavors. June and December meeting we will be collecting food items for Senior Services.
· Quilt Con will be held in Pasadena in 2016 and Savannah in 2017
· Requests for quilts for the Texas Quilt Museum-juried quilts for exhibition
YARD SALE at the APRIL 28 MEETING
Set up at 6PM and doors open to the public at 7PM
Bring any craft item, have everything priced
50% of your proceeds go to the guild
Only except money from YOUR sales
Brief meeting will follow
Lee Monroe made some announcements letting us know there are some exciting events planned for future meetings.
- MAY-Jen Kingwell, creator of “The Gypsy Wife” will be holding a trunk show at our May meeting. She will be doing workshops at Sew Original, May 28 and Studio Stich, May 29. Check with the shops for details.
- JUNE-Tessa Walker, machine binding
- JULY-Ice cream social
- AUGUST-Don’t Call me Betsy, FMQ
Gina introduced her Trailer Stash concept, showed pictures and had an amazing truck show. Members were then invited to shop the trailer. Thanks Gina for sharing.